Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Features: Kim Høltermand



Hi shootshoppers!

I've decided to start up a new regular entry called Friday Features!
At the end of each week, I will be featuring a new photographer - with a few samples of their work and a short bio/article about them.

Todays Friday Feature:
Kim Høltermand | VISIT WEBSITE >

I was floored when I first stumbled on Kim's work. There is an unmistakably profound quality-a commanding presence-about it. 

After digging a bit I found a short bio about him on abduzeedo.com:

"Kim grew up in the suburbs of Copenhagen and throughout his childhood grew an interest in drawing. He had drawn from an early age but hadn’t taken art seriously until he got to college. Kim worked as a graphic designer while his interest in photography grew. He got his first SLR only a couple years ago and things have really taken off for Kim since that moment. Kim specializes in architectural photography. In a quote from himself “I heart Architecture”. Aside from architecture Kim also takes some really amazing nature and landscape photos, and has been thinking recently about beginning a to work with film."


I can personally relate to Kim's story, as what is described above is pretty spot on with my own story - minus the incredible success as a photographer part - yet to come! ;) It's amazing to see how far he has come in such a short time... and inspires me to keep pushing forward!

Anyway, enough about me! Here's some samples of Kim's work. He certainly has a very distinct style and an incredible eye for making the most simple yet profound images. Enjoy dear friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment